Division:Youth, Middle School, High School, & Adult
Date:July 12, 13, & 14, 2019
Long Branch High School & Manahassett Creek Park, Long Branch, NJ, United States
Finally, a lacrosse tournament for girls lacrosse located 3 blocks from the beach!!Don’t miss out on being a part of this 9th year event that brings together girls teams from across the country!
- All Teams compete in weighted brackets determined by ratings from their coach.
- Includes playoffs resulting in a division champion and awards for winning teams.
- ONLY 3 BLOCKS FROM THE BEACH!
- Free Beach Pass to local Long Branch public beach for all tournament attendees.
- Local food specialties and product vendors on site!
2020, 2021, 2022:Play Friday, July 12th! Guaranteed 3 games plus opportunity to advance to playoffs.
- $900 team fee.
- $350 deposit due to hold team spot
- $550 balance due May 15, 2019
2023, 2024, 2025, 2026:Play Saturday & Sunday! Guaranteed 4 games plus opportunity to advance to playoffs.
- $1,350/team fee
- $350 deposit due to hold team spot
- $1,000 Balance due May 15, 2019
2027/2028Play Saturday Only. 8v8 format (7 field players & 1 goalie), 4 games, 25 minutes each
- $650 per team
- $100 deposit due to hold team spot
- $550 balance due May 15, 2019
Adult WomenPlay Saturday Only. 8v8 format (7 field players & 1 goalie), 4 games, 25 minutes each
- $550 per team
- $100 deposit due to hold team spot
- $450 balance due May 15, 2019
The 2019 schedule will be posted in early July, 2019. Take a look below at the 2018 schedule.
Friday, July 12 – 2020, 2021 & 2022 Grad Years play
Saturday & Sunday, July 14-15 – 2023, 2024, 2025 & 2026 Grad Years play
Saturday, July 14 – 2027/2028 Grad Years & Adult Women play
College Coaches Register to Recruit at Best of the Beach!
College Coach registration will be posted soon.
The Best of the Beach is a US Lacrosse Pilot Sanctioned Event.
The US Lacrosse Sanctioning Program provides best practices for tournament operators in order to create a more safe and consistent event. Through the adoption of the Sanctioned Tournament Standards, tournaments commit to providing the best possible lacrosse experience.
All tournament participants must be current US Lacrosse members in order to participate. US Lacrosse membership numbers will be collected and verified when completing tournament waivers. If you are not currently a member, or your membership is set to expire during the event, please visit US Lacrosse to register.
All players are required to roster prior to the event.
When clicking the link below you will enter the player rostering and waiver process and also check who has completed this process for your team! Follow the instructions under Online Rostering and Waivering header.
Online Rostering and Waivering will be open in early Spring.
All players will be required to roster prior to the event. The deadline for completion of each player’s roster/waiver is June 7.
Please be sure to have your jersey number and US Lacrosse number available when rostering. Additionally, high school players should have their GPA, ACT and SAT scores.
The Roster link is NOT OPEN yet. Teams will be notified in early Spring when the Roster link is Open.
Players self-roster for this event and instructions are provided below.
• NOT OPEN YET. Click to begin the roster process
• Look for the heading: Player Registration and Online Waiver
• Review the two options offered and select the appropriate option
• Click on graduation year or division that the player is playing in
• Select the team on which you are participating.
• Complete the required fields and submit your roster/waiver information
INJURY / SICKNESS POLICY:
This year, T3 Lacrosse is offering Registration Saver insurance for Best of the Beach. No Refunds will be given by T3 Lacrosse in the event of injury/sickness.
REGISTRATION SAVER INSURANCE:
T3 Lacrosse recommends and encourages you to purchase Registration Saver insurance to cover your registration investment for the upcoming Best of the Beach. Even if you have registered you may still purchase up to 10 days before the event. When completing the insurance registration, the individual athlete registration fee is $35.00. Please use this figure for insurance calculations.
To purchase event registration insurance, please visit Registration Saver.
- Click on the “Apply Today” button in the menu bar
- When choosing the Coverage Selection, select the “Tournament” option.
- Complete the contact information fields under the “Get Covered Today” header.
- In the Event Name field, add: Best of the Beach
- Select “Next” to move onto the next page and continue to complete the requested fields.
- Use the date your applying for coverage in the “Registration Date was Paid” field.
- Select “Next” to answer additional questions regarding travel.
- Continue to select “Next” to move through the registration process.
Your insurance coverage will be calculated and you will be prompted to provide payment information.
Injuries, sickness, inclement weather, traffic accident, job relocation, and layoffs are some of the perils that could prevent your child from participating in this tournament.
Registration Saver insurance can provide financial relief if this occurs. If you have any questions, please contact Registration Saver at 866.690.6859.
Long Branch High School
404 Indiana Ave.
Long Branch, NJ 07740
Manahassett Creek Park
536 Long Branch Ave.
Long Branch, NJ 07740
• All High School divisions will be full-field games, two 20-minute running clock halves. Halftime is 2 minutes. Between games is 3 minutes. Time-outs will not be permitted unless there is an injury. At referee’s discretion, up to 2 minutes may be added due to injury loss of time.
• All Middle School divisions will be full-field games, two 25-minute halves. Halftime is 5 minutes. Between games is 5 minutes. Time-outs will not be permitted unless there is an injury. At referee’s discretion, up to 2 minutes may be added due to injury loss of time.
• Central horn will start and end all games.
• Girls 2027/2028 Division and Adult Women Division will play 7v7 format, 25-minute running clock games on modified field lengths. The lineup is 2 Attack, 3 Middies, 2 Defenders. Holding 2 back behind restraining line (midline).
• Current US Lacrosse Rules will apply.
• There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for abusive coaches, players and parents. A player or coach who is ejected for violent conduct or serious foul play (red card) may be subject to not participating in the remainder of the tournament. Game ejections are determined by referees; expulsions are determined by the tournament directors.
• Girls 5th/6th grade divisions will play modified checking and 3 second rule as defined by US lacrosse for good defense. One pass rule is NOT in effect. Mercy Rule not in effect.
• 7th & 8th grade divisions play full checking.
• 8 Meter free positions will be played out if foul occurs before time expires (at half or end of game)
• Any player that receives a red card will be required to sit out for remainder of game and the next game
• Coaches are permitted to call 1 stick check per game in the first half only.
Inclement Weather Policy
• We will play rain or shine.
• In case of thunder/lightning all games will be suspended and fields will be cleared by sounding an air horn (3 long blasts).
• Games will resume 30 minutes after the last bolt/thunder was seen/heard.
• Games will resume according to the actual time of the day – missed time/games will not be made up. Scores will be recorded as they stand when game ended as long as at least 15 minutes have been played.
• Closing of the fields and cancelation of the games is at the discretion of site managers, tournament directors, and officials. Keeping everyone safe is our 1st concern. Refunds will not be made due to inclement weather. We expect to play the majority of games.
• Updated text message alerts will be sent to the participant and coach cell phone numbers provided during player registration.
Scoring System to Determine Winners
During bracket play, teams will be awarded points on the following basis:
- 3 points = Win
- 1 point = Tie
- 0 points = Loss
**If there are any forfeits, the average goals against in actual scheduled games played will be added to the total goals against to the team that won by forfeit** Forfeits count as an automatic win for team that has not forfeited.
In the event that there are two or more teams tied in points at the end of tournament play, the following criteria will be used to determine playoff seeding:
- Head to Head – if no clear winner in 3-way tie, move to next criteria (Head to Head trumps all.)
- Goals Against
- Coin Toss
All playoff games for high school divisions are 20 minutes running time. All playoff games for middle school and 2027/2028 division are 25 minutes running time.
No half time. No time-outs are permitted. Playoff games that are tied at the end of regulation will go to 3-minute sudden victory. If teams are still tied after sudden victory, then Braveheart or coin toss will determine the winner to move forward. Both coaches must agree to Braveheart; otherwise a coin toss will be used.
Fall Face Off Partners with the 28 Days Project!
The 28 Days Project is a non-profit with a simple mission to collect feminine hygiene products and deodorant to support girls and women in need. Being an all girls club, T3 believes this is a great opportunity to take part in and support a donation drive that benefits females only.
All tournament participants are invited to support the cause. Please read the following on how to get involved:
Bring donations to Best of the Beach and drop them off in the 28 Days tent (next to the headquarters tent located at Manahassett Creek Park)
Vendor Village is organized and managed by MVP Team Gear.
If you are interested in vending at Best of the Beach please contact, London Jones ().
Athletic Training Provided by:
We are not a stay to play tournament. All hotels are recommendations only for your convenience!
Friday, July 12 – 2020, 2021, 2022 Grad Years play
Saturday & Sunday, July 13-14 – 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026 Grad Years play
Saturday, July 13 – 2027/2028 Grad Years & Adult Women play
Hotel accommodation links will be posted soon.
What if it rains during the tournament?
Game play continues in the rain as long as the weather does not interfere with player safety. If there is thunder or lightning, all play is suspended for 30 minutes. Play may resume when the storm clears. The availability of shelter from rain varies by location.
If there is continuous heavy rain, facilities may close the fields. If fields are closed in advance of a tournament’s start time, an email and text alert will be sent to all registered players. An announcement will be posted on the homepage of the tournament website.
How are tournament schedules organized?
Each tournament is divided into brackets based on level of play. Team coaches are asked in advance of the tournament to rank their team’s performance level. This ranking is then used to determine the game day schedules.
When will the tournament schedule be posted?
Tournament schedules are posted as far in advance as possible. At the latest, a tournament schedule will be posted the week of the tournament.
How do I get to the fields?
A field map will be located on each tournament’s website that will have directions and specific locations of each field. Once at the field location, fields are marked with large blue and orange flags.
Can animals be brought to the tournament?
Many facilities have strict policies regarding allowing animals on the property. It is best to contact the facility directly to obtain the most up-to-date guidelines.
Do you have medical supervision at your events?
T3 Lacrosse contracts with certified medical trainers for every tournament. The trainer tent is located near the T3 event headquarters tent and is connected to field staff via radio. Trainers are provided access to golf carts to allow for a quick response to any medical emergency.
Can a team set-up a team tent?
Yes, T3 encourages teams to bring tents and make the most of the tournament experience.
What type of footwear is recommended?
Each tournament is different and may be played on a different surface. Therefore, parents and athletes should lookup tournament information on the website to see what type of surface the game will be played on.
Where do we drop off our 28 Days donations?
At Manahasset Creek Park, there will be a T3 headquarters tent. Next to the main T3 tent, we will have another area specifically for 28 Days donations. The area will be divided so that each T3 elite team will know exactly where to put their donations and then all tournament participants will have their own area as well.
What if my daughter wants to participate in the 28 Days Project but her team is not attending the Best of the Beach tournament?
It is up to the team if they still want to compete in the T3 Elite competition to collect the most donations. If the team does want to participate, your daughter can bring her donations to practice the week before and give them to the head coach and the final collection will be at the last practice before the weekend. If the does not want to compete, individually your daughter can bring a donation and give it to their head coach who will then give the donation to one of our T3 directors.
Where can I access the free family beach pass for the weekend?
Click here to view and print the family beach pass.
If you have a question that is not covered here, please feel free to contact the T3 Lacrosse office at 908-766-4664.